I thought blanched alugbate will not be that appealing to the taste buds. It was my niece who taught me how to prepare it and let me try it. Blanching the alugbate leaves can be done by just pouring hot water on it.  It's just like washing the alugbate leaves with hot water, so that it would still be a bit crunchy.   

I think the secret to a tasty blanched alubate would be to match it with a chili hot, a bit sweet and sour vinegar. To iterate the sauce details... mix to vinegar: chili flakes or ground pepper, crushed or powdered garlic, a little salt and a little sugar.  Mix to your desired taste and sourness (hmmm). You just have to dip the blanched alugbate leaves to the vinegar sauce. 

As for the spanish sardines, I just bought the canned (Philippine made) ones.  You can heat it or just have it straight from the can.  It's a light meal yet a tasty one.  Happy eating pinoy meals!



Share this in Google Reader TwitThis Share

Posted by cyberguide Tuesday, April 17, 2012
|

0 comments

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Subscribe here

Joey Ayala on Himigsikan 2012: "Agila"